Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Made this dish for a birthday dinner, here are the ingredients and steps:
- 1lb | Any fettuccine pasta will do, best to use fresh home made pasta of course
- 2 cups | heavy whipping cream. Can use 1/2&1/2 or regular whole milk if a lower fat meal is desired
- 2 cups | whole milk
- 2 cups | shredded parmigiano cheese
- 2 TBS | regular wheat flour
- 1lb | fresh or pre-cooked langostino meat
- 1 small onion | chopped
- 2 garlic cloves | minced
- 2 tsp | black pepper
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 cup | Gorgonzola cheeses, chopped
- Gorgonzola slices, for topping the dish
- 1 TBS | olive oil
- 1 TBS | extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup | parsley leaves
Start by setting a big pot of water at high heat while making the Alfredo sauce.
Mix cream and milk and heat in microwave until close to boiling. In medium pan at medium heat, melt the butter, saute onion and garlic. Once golden, add the flour and whisk to combine and let cook for 10s, then pour the hot milk as you whisk. Don't stop whisking until all milk is added and combined.
Reduce heat to medium low and continue whisking often to avoid burning bottom until sauce is thick, couple minutes possibly. Test thickness with a clean spoon, Turn off heat or keep is just warm.
Add 1 TBS salt to boiling water and add the pasta, cook to "Al Dente". While past cooks, heat saute pan to high, add 1 TBS olive oil, langostino meat, salt and black pepper to taste. Saute for few minutes. If pre-cooked meat is used, saute just until meat is hot, otherwise until just cooked.
Strain pasta, set in plate, top with a hand full of Langostino, then pour the Alfredo sauce, leaving some areas uncovered so you can see the pasta and meat underneath. Decorate with the Gorgonzola slices and parsley leaves. Top with extra virgin olive oil and enjoy!